The ReStore sells donated items such as usable building materials, gently used furniture, working appliances, tools, lighting and other household goods. The proceeds are used to fund Habitat building projects. Habitat is accepting donations for the ReStore. You may request a donation acknowledgement slip for tax purposes.
Acceptable Items for Donation
All items must be in good, sellable condition. The ReStore reserves the right to refuse any item that is unsafe, broken, unclean or clearly not useable.
If you have a question about a possible donation, please contact us at: (203) 800-5517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach a digital photo of the item(s) if possible.
Donations may be dropped off at the ReStore by appointment and during business hours only. Please call the ReStore to schedule a drop off. You may also email email@example.com. Please attach a photo of the object(s) if possible.
We can pick up multiple or larger items within New Haven County and in Clinton and Killingworth. Please contact us as early as possible to schedule a pick up so we can route the trucks in an efficient manner. Last minute requests for pick up may not be accommodated.
TOOLS & GARDEN ITEMS
- Hand tools and working motorized tools
- Gardening items in working condition
- Must be less than 10 years old and in perfect working condition
- Washers/dryers (electric or gas)
- Microwave ovens
- Stoves (electric or gas)
- Other small appliances
CABINETS & COUNTER TOPS
We accept both kitchen and bathroom cabinets in sets or individual pieces. Must have no structural or water damage. All must be complete containing all doors and drawers.
- Doors must be in excellent condition, with no rotted wood, broken glass, or peeling paint.
- Pre-hung or slabs
- Exterior or interior
- Exterior sliding or patio doors (must be assembled and complete with all jambs, tracks, and hardware). Individual sliding or patio door slabs will not be accepted.
- Storm doors (must have all tracking)
- We do not accept doors over 84 inches tall
Windows must be complete units with all sashes and frames. No rotted wood, cracked, or foggy glass. Double pane windows only. With the exception of some very large windows, all donated windows should be dropped off with the sashes installed in the frames.
- Lighting must be complete, in working order and in excellent condition.
- Indoor lighting
- Outdoor lighting
- We no longer accept ceiling fans
- Plumbing items must be in excellent condition with no chips, cracks, rust or water damage
- Stainless steel and porcelain kitchen sinks
- Pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks
- Complete faucets [must be brand new, in package]
- Miscellaneous plumbing hardware
- We do not accept used toilets
- We do not accept sofa beds, futons or over-sized items
- We do not accept upholstered furniture with smoke or pet damage
- Wood furniture
- Office furniture
- Tables of all sizes
- Dining room sets
- Bedroom sets & beds
- Coffee tables
- Patio or outdoor furniture
- Bed frames
We do not accept BOX SPRINGS, MATTRESSES, TODDLER BEDS, CRIBS, OR ENTERTAINMENT UNITS.
- Stained and leaded glass windows, etc.
- Carpet remnants must be 10ft x 10ft or larger, and in excellent condition with no visible wear, tear, stains or animal smells.
- Area rugs must be free from visible wear, tear, stains or animal smells.
- Carpet padding must be 10 ft x 10 ft or larger with no visible stains or animal smells.
- Hardwood flooring must have no splitting or cracking, must be at least 30 sq. ft.
- Vinyl and ceramic tile must be at least 50 sq ft., in excellent condition, no chipped or broken pieces accepted.
- Complete sets of door hardware, hinges, etc. Any quantity of nails, screws, fasteners, hangers, connectors, etc. Please put similar items in baggies or clear plastic containers and label them.
- All lumber must be free of ALL nails and screws
- All lumber must be a minimum of 5 feet in length, with no warping.
- Sheet goods (particle board, paneling, plywood) must be at least half sheets with no damage
- Trim and molding must be a minimum of 5 feet in length.
- Residential electric items only
- We do not accept commercial electrical stock
- Framed art work, decorative pottery, and vases
- Dish sets and tea pots
- Decorative and serving trays
- Free standing wood stoves
- Window AC units
- Hand and power tools (in good working condition)
- Pallets of brick or glass block
- Stone pavers
We do not accept the following items
- Baby furniture or baby-related items
- Board games
- Box springs and mattresses
- Canned and track lights
- Ceiling fans
- Chemical solvents and strippers
- Clothing or shoes
- Computers or monitors
- Drapes or curtains
- Exercise equipment/ sporting goods (e.g. NordicTracks, exercise bicycles, etc.)
- Faucets (used)
- Fluorescent lights
- Hot water heaters (used)
- Linens (bed or table)
- Over-sized items (e.g. wall units, armoires, entertainment centers)
- Partial rolls of wallpaper
- Single-pane glass & single-pane window glass
- Used mini-blinds
- VHS players