- 2023 Volunteer Waiver– Volunteers younger than 18 must have the form co-signed by a parent or guardian. Volunteers older than 18 only need ther own signature on the form. Please note: Print it out, sign it, and give it to the construction supervisor on the day you volunteer.
- Construction Health and Safety Guidelines– These safety guidelines are being updated as needed. These are the most current guidelines for volunteering on the construction site.
- 2021 ReStore Health and Safety Protocols– These are the current health and safety guidelines for volunteers helping at the ReStore.
- Habitat parking pass 2023 – Parking for volunteers working at 33 Elliott Street is at Hill Regional Career High School located at 140 Legion Avenue in New Haven. This pass must be placed on each vehicle’s dashboard. Volunteers should park away from the building close to Orchard Street.
Liability waivers must be completed and submitted once per calendar year.
Please read the following publications (these are also available when you register and schedule through Volunteer Up):
- Work Crew Safety Manual (3 pages)
- Safety First (1 page)
- General Instructions for Volunteers (1 page)
- Group Volunteering Quick Guide (1 page)
Volunteer Safety Videos
All volunteers must watch the Habitat Safety Video before working on site.
Thanks for helping us make Habitat work sites safe!
Construction Volunteer Safety Video
ReStore Volunteer Safety Video
Other Volunteer Resources
- Volunteer Up – scheduling for our volunteers
- Volunteer Blog – messages from the construction staff regarding weather cancellations, worksite location, etc.
- Volunteer FAQ – answers to common questions about volunteering