In honor of Independence Day, our office will be closed on Friday, July 3. Our construction sites and the New Haven County ReStore will be closed on Saturday, July 4. Our normal operations will resume the following week. All of us here at Habitat wish you a safe and healthy Independence Day holiday.
Our ReStore, located at 286 South Colony Road in Wallingford, has re-opened and we are excited to see all of our customers back at the store! We missed you but have been busy redesigning the store and developing new protocols to keep everyone safe and healthy. We ask that you please read about our new procedures and review our hours to plan for your shopping.
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Everyone who enters the store must wear a face mask.
- One way aisles with directional arrows have been set up to avoid congestion.
- Only 12 individuals can be in the store at a time. If you arrive and the store is full, you will be asked to wait outside.
- A distance of 6 feet should be kept between you and other customers or staff.
- Please do not shop at the ReStore if you are not feeling well.
- We currently cannot allow volunteers in the store, so no one is available to help you move items to your vehicle. If you are purchasing a large item or items, please make arrangements with a friend or family member to help you move it from the store.
A Few Reminders:
- Donations cannot be dropped off at the store without approval. Please email email@example.com or text (203) 800-5517 with pictures of the items you would like to donate.
- Once purchased, we can hold your item(s) for two days. Same day pick up is appreciated.
- We cannot hold items that have not been paid for.
Our community build Sleeping Giant Build is participating in ION Bank’s Community Awards Program! The Community Awards Program gives each Ion Bank customer the opportunity to vote for their favorite non-profit organization to help the Ion Bank Foundation give away $60,000. Enrolled non-profits will receive a donation of $25 from the Ion Bank Foundation for every vote for their organization. Funds raised for Sleeping Giant Build will go toward the construction of their 12th home.
It’s simple – vote for Sleeping Giant Build in one click! Voting will take place from February 1 through March 31, 2020. You must be an Ion Bank customer to vote. One vote per customer, however, for accounts with multiple owners, each owner may vote. Customers with multiple accounts may only vote once. Each customer can vote for only one organization. Thank you for your support!
We just received our Cars for Homes donations from the last quarter and we want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has donated their car, truck, or other motor vehicle to Cars for Homes. If you are looking to easily donate your vehicle and see the proceeds used to build Habitat homes in New Haven then Cars for Homes is the program for you. Visit the Cars for Homes website to learn how you can donate your vehicle to Habitat for Humanity.
We will be breaking ground on the future home of the Hernandez family at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, February 9. Please join us along with sponsoring community build Raise the Roof as we start this new construction project. Homeowners Rosalie, Armando, and their family are very excited to begin work on their new home.
Community build Sleeping Giant Build is holding their 7th Annual Chili Bowl on Saturday, February 1 from 5:00-7:30 p.m. at the Amity Teen Center, 10 Selden Street in Woodbridge. Delicious chilis, fun raffles and auctions, life music, billiards, and a kids corner will round out a fantastic evening. Purchase tickets online to save time at the door!
There are a limited number of chef spots available. If you make a great chili and want to be part of the competition please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.